Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Introduction

My name is Adi and I'm 13 years old. I love cooking, and to get started I will share my most favorite recipie:

SUGAR COOKIES
(The Greatest Cookies Ever)
Ingredients:
1 stick of softened butter
3/4 sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 tsp. of salt

Equipment:
Measuring cups and spoons
2 greased cookie sheets
Large mixing bowl
Small mixing bowl
Mixer or fork
Flat surface
Plastic wrap
Flour
Rolling pin
Cutting tools 

1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in the large mixing bowl.
3. Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar. Blend well,.
4. Mix dry ingredients in small mixing bowl. (I don't usually do this, because I see it as pointless
to dirty another bowl just to mix the flour and tiny bit of salt.) Add to the large bowl.
5.Chill the dough for 15 minutes. (You don't have to do this, but I would
if you're planning on cutting the dough into shapes. It will be more
stiff and easier to work with.)
6. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. (Watch them carefully.
they burn very easily.)
7. Allow them to cool before you decorate or eat them.
8. ENJOY! :)

Sometimes I make a simple frosting to put on them, made out of a stick or so of butter, about a teaspoon of vanilla flavoring, about a tablespoon of milk, and after you mix those well, add enough powder sugar until it begins to look and taste like frosting. If you would want colored frosting add VERY little of food coloring. Trust me- a little bit goes a long way.

I usually double this recipie, because there is not much dough from this recipie, and if you have a big family like mine, there may not be enough.

This is my favorite recipie because everyone loves them. They're usually gone within 5 minutes after I make them.
~Adi

4 comments:

  1. I like how you measure. A little bit of this, that and most of all a little bit of humor.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Shannon Margaret from your mom's yahoo group SewItSeams....Great job...Very proud...once you get it then you will be addicted to it...don't get disappointed or upset.....it takes time... just have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also from your mom's yahoo group! Best of wishes, I bet you'll be a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm Jennie, and I buy fabric with your mom.
    I love to post recipes on my blog too.
    Here's some I posted this summer:
    http://myfreedompath.blogspot.com/2010/07/garden-buddies-harvest-bounty.html

    Mine tend to be recipes I can use garden veggies in. Do you like cooking with fresh veggies?

    Good luck on the new blog! Writing about the things you're passionate about is so much fun, I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete