Friday, December 10, 2010

Dog Treats

DOG TREATS
(The Greatest Cookies Ever pg. 61)

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. of cooking oil
1/4 c. molasses
2 2/3 c. Whole-wheat flour

Equipment:
Large Mixing bowl
Mixer or wooden spoon
(Note: This mixture is so thick it would be next to impossible to mix it by hand or with a wooden spoon.)
Flat surface
Rolling pin
Cookie cutters
Greased cookie sheets

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the wet indgredients together
3. Add flour to wet mixture. Mix well on low speed. The dough is stiff and making it is a real workout if you mix it by hand.
4. Roll out dough and cut shapes.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Allow to cool before feeding to your pet. For crunchy cookies, turn the oven OFF but leave them inside of the oven for another 30 minutes.
6. Give them to your dog!


(Note: Do not feed your pet more than 2 of these a day.)

I was very suprised how much my dog actually loved it- and its healthy too! I gave some to my Grandma's dog and he liked them too. I'll definatly be making these again.
~Adi

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO, I will make them as Christmas presents for my dogs and my moms dogs!!!

    ReplyDelete